Welcome back Witches! With Litha occurring on June 21st this year, this week's episode is going to cover the Summer Solstice, or Litha! We're going to share the history of Litha, along with with correspondences, and some ways to celebrate the longest day of the year! So get in losers, and lets discuss Litha!
We would be forever thankful if you leave our podcast a 5-Star review. If you really loved the show and want more Get in Loser content, check out our Supercast link below, or search the Supercast website for Get in Loser, We’re Doing Witchcraft. You can also find us at our Buy Me a Coffee link below. There you can purchase a membership to our podcast and obtain exclusives like, getting episodes early, shout outs on the show, access to our “Ask me anything” forum, our monthly newsletter, a promo code for merchandise, and more.
You can also find us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram @GetinWitches, on TikTok @weredoingwitchcraft or email us at email@example.com. You can support our show through our Supercast: https://getinloserweredoingwitchcraft.supercast.com/
Buy Me a Coffee: https://www.buymeacoffee.com/getinwitches
Music by Karl Casey @ White Bat Audio- The Witch
- Cunningham, Scott. Cunningham’s Book of Shadows: The Path of an American Traditionalist. (2018). Llewellyn Publications.
- Moura, Ann. Grimoire for the Green Witch: A Complete Book of Shadows. (2003). Llewellyn Publications.
- Wigington, Patti. Celebrating Litha, the Summer Solstice. (2019) https://www.learnreligions.com/guide-to-celebrating-litha-2562231
- Elding, Ash. 7 Ways to Celebrate Litha. (2021). The Pagan Grimoire. https://www.pagangrimoire.com/litha-celebrate/
- Ancient Celebrations for Today: Litha. Mabon House. https://www.mabonhouse.co/litha
- Litha/Summer Solstice. The Goddess & the Green Man. https://www.goddessandgreenman.co.uk/litha/
- Druti, Bhagat (2019). The Origins and Practices of Litha. Boston Public Library. https://www.bpl.org/blogs/post/the-origins-and-practices-of-litha/#:~:text=Litha%20(also%20known%20as%20Midsummer,with%20hilltop%20bonfires%20and%20dancing.
- Wigington, Patti (2019). Litha History- Celebrating the Summer Solstice. Learn Religions. https://www.learnreligions.com/history-of-summer-solstice-holiday-litha-2562244
- Aine the Goddess who took revenge on a king. (n.d). Irish Myths and Legends. https://www.ireland-information.com/irish-mythology/aine-irish-legend.html#:~:text=%C3%81ine%20is%20among%20the%20most,as%20he%20had%20a%20problem.
- Knock Aine- Voices from the Dawn. (n.d.). https://voicesfromthedawn.com/knock-aine/
- Understanding Stonehenge. (n.d.). English Heritage. https://www.english-heritage.org.uk/visit/places/stonehenge/things-to-do/stone-circle/celestial-stonehenge/
- 12 Days of Midsummer (2015). Nordic Wiccan. http://nordicwiccan.blogspot.com/2015/06/12-days-of-midsummer.html
- Carlson, Cajsa (2019). A Brief History of Swedish Midsommar. Culture Trip. https://theculturetrip.com/europe/sweden/articles/a-brief-history-of-swedens-midsummer-festival/
- Oak. (n.d.). Druidry. https://druidry.org/druid-way/teaching-and-practice/druid-tree-lore/oak
- The Witches’ Cookery
- Chaotic Witch Aunt
- Hearth Witch
- Scarlet Ravenswood
- Alwyn Oak
- Ashlee Morgan